Taking a closer look at God's gifts...



Friday, October 2, 2015

Consolation Prize!

Skies over Murfreesboro, Tennessee, on blood moon night.
On the evening of September 28th, while the world awaited the appearance of the much-anticipated blood moon and total eclipse, I waited expectantly for a miracle that would part those clouds long enough for me to view it along with so many other millions of people.

Alas, it didn't happen. But what did occur was this colorful and dramatic sunset over Murfreesboro, Tennessee. So often when God doesn't give me something I want, I mourn its loss (as if I had it to lose in the first place), failing to understand that what He does give me is sometimes just as spectacular. And this consolation prize was just that--spectactular. Thank You, God!

While there were many pictures taken of the blood moon and eclipse and posted for the world to see, I don't suppose there were many photos of the skies over Murfreesboro that night. It occurred to me that maybe I should share my consolation prize with the rest of the world!

As I stood in the middle of the road in front of our house looking upward at the gloriously-tinted sky, I half-expected to see Christ riding upon those clouds. Now wouldn't THAT have been something?

See you along the trail...

No comments:

Post a Comment