Taking a closer look at God's gifts...



Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Wonders within wonders

Yesterday was one of those glorious winter days where the skies are blue, the temps are tolerable, and the sun is blinding. I took a walk on base at Cottonwood Park to take a few pictures of the beautiful landscape, then came home and discovered the real gem was right out the back door.

This icicle, caught mid-drip, is reflecting the beauty of the blue sky above it. I didn't see that when I took the shot--it was just a nice piece of ice melting into a pile of snow. But when I took a closer look, I noticed how beautifully even a shrinking icicle on its way to "puddledom" can reflect the beauty God gives us every single day.

Thanks to my brother, Alan, who gave me this fantastic camera, I'm able to take close-ups of the glory that exists all around us. Thanks to our Heavenly Father, I'm finding the delightful surprises hidden inside the beauty of His creation--wonders within wonders.

See you along the trail...

No comments:

Post a Comment